Lean & Six Sigma ISO 18404 Lead Auditor Course Overview
This Lean & Six Sigma ISO 18404 Lead Auditor course prepares participants to perform the role of a Lean & Six Sigma Lead Auditor. The Lean & Six Sigma ISO 18404 Lead Auditor training materials comprise a comprehensive curriculum covering everything within the ISO 18404 Body of Knowledge required to successfully complete Lean & Six Sigma Lead Auditor certification. After achieving this qualification, Lean & Six Sigma Lead Auditor contribute their knowledge and expertise to manage a team of internal auditors or conduct independent audits externally on behalf of certification bodies for certifying an organisation with regards to its Six Sigma, Lean or Lean & Six Sigma approach and deployment.
Lean & Six Sigma ISO 18404 Lead Auditor Course Duration
4 Full Days – 9 am to 5 pm
Lean & Six Sigma ISO 18404 Lead Auditor Certification
After passing the knowledge exam, participants will be certified as Lean & Six Sigma ISO 18404 Lead Auditor.
The certificate will be granted under Exemplar Global banner according to ISO 18404 international standard.
Refer to FAQs for more details.
Lean & Six Sigma ISO 18404 Lead Auditor Course Assets
- Lean & Six Sigma ISO 18404 Lead Auditor Course Material (Hard Copy)
- Lean & Six Sigma ISO 18404 Lead Auditor practice test
- Lean & Six Sigma ISO 18404 Lead Auditor Certification Exam
Who Should Apply for the Course?
The Lean & Six Sigma ISO 18404 Lead Auditor certification program is perfect for participants who hold either Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Leader or Lean & Six Sigma Black Belt Certificates or above and want to achieve their auditing Certificate to be able to manage a team of internal auditors or conduct independent audits externally on behalf of certification bodies for certifying an organisation with regards to its Six Sigma, Lean or Lean & Six Sigma approach and deployment.
Lean & Six Sigma Management System
- Brief overview of Lean & Six Sigma
- Selective advanced topes of Lean & Six Sigma
- Roles and Responsibilities in an organisation in relation to Six Sigma, Lean, and “Lean & Six Sigma”
- Competency of key personnel in an organisation in relation to Six Sigma, Lean, and “Lean & Six Sigma”
- Adequacy of the organization’s Six Sigma, Lean or “Lean & Six Sigma” strategy, approach and architecture
- Adequacy and continual improvement of organizational deployment
- Provision and ongoing monitoring of resources
- Improvement Processes
Management Systems Auditing (AU)
- Auditing Terms and Definitions
- Principles of Auditing
- Audit Procedure
- Roles & Responsibilities of audit team members
- Personal behaviour
- Audit Objectives, Scope & Criteria
- Performing document review
- Preparing the audit plan
- Conducting the audit
- Communicating with the Auditee
- The Audit Report
- Closing the Audit
- Competence and evaluation of auditors
Leading Management System Audit Teams (TL)
- Roles & Responsibilities of team leader
- Communicating with the Audit Team
- Selecting Audit team members
- Assigning work to audit team members
- Health and Safety of audit team members
- Leading audit team
- Monitoring the audit program
- Reviewing and improving the audit program
Before you Start with Lean & Six Sigma ISO 18404 Lead Auditor
As all Lean & Six Sigma ISO 18404 Lead Auditor topics are covered during the course, there is no formal prerequisite for the Lean & Six Sigma ISO 18404 Lead Auditor Certification. Holding a QMS Lead Auditor certificate is preferred.
This is a new course which will be run in near future.
Your kind words will be displayed here as a testimonial after having a great experience with us.
What is the difference between "Lean", "Six Sigma" and "Lean Six Sigma"?
Lean Six Sigma is a process improvement program that combines two ideas: Lean as a collection of techniques for improving flow in the value stream, eliminating waste and reducing the time needed to provide products or services, and Six Sigma is a collection of techniques and methodology for uncovering root causes to understand and reduce variation, consequently improving the quality of products and services, substantially contributing to increased customer satisfaction.
By combining the two methodologies, Lean Six Sigma is a proven business management strategy that helps organisations operate more effectively and efficiently by reducing variation and waste.
What is the benefit of Lean & Six Sigma for organisations?
The organisations will benefit from the Lean Six Sigma training and application through:
- Reducing wastes and consequently business costs
- Increasing profit margin and enhance business compatibility
- Improving quality of products and services
- Increasing customer satisfaction
- Running the business more effectively and efficiently
- Utilising an advanced problem-solving methodology to resolve the business issues
- Increasing Employees’ empowerment, involvement and motivation
What is the benefit of Lean & Six Sigma Auditing for individuals?
This will be achieved by performing interactive tasks, to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Understanding the purpose and scope of using Lean & Six Sigma methodology to tackle the identified issues
- Understanding the purpose and scope of Lean & Six Sigma toolbox and application of each tool in the Lean & Six Sigma projects
- conducting audits in an organisation with regards to its Six Sigma, Lean or Lean & Six Sigma approach and deployment
What is the difference between ISO 18404 "Internal Auditor" and "Lead Auditor"?
ISO 18404 “Internal auditor” is the first recognised level of Lean & Six Sigma auditing certification and enables participants to conduct an audit internally in an organisation with regards to its Six Sigma, Lean or Lean & Six Sigma approach and deployment, whereas ISO 18404 “Lead Auditor” is the highest recognised level of Lean & Six Sigma auditing certification and enable participants to manage a team of internal auditors or conduct independent audits externally on behalf of certification bodies for certifying an organisation with regards to its Six Sigma, Lean or Lean & Six Sigma approach and deployment.
What is the difference between "Public Training" and "In-House Training"?
“Public Training” is run based on a fixed schedule at a public training venue for a group of people from different organisations, whereas ͞”In-House” training is delivered on a more flexible schedule at the organisation’s premises for a group of internal people. For more details on the In-House training option, please refer to the In-House Training Page.
What is ISO 18404 standard?
ISO 18404:2015 was launched by International organisation for standardisation (ISO) in December 2015 as a new International Standard for both organisations and individuals as competent practitioners of both Lean and/or Six Sigma;
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate that they have an adequate level of competence, an amalgamation of education, training, skills and experience necessary to fulfil their roles. So, completion of a lean and/or six sigma projects is required in ISO 18404.
What are CBIS services regarding ISO 18404?
CBIS is the FIRST and ONLY Exemplar Global Certified TPECS (Training Provider and Examiner Certification Scheme) Provider worldwide to be able to run the ISO 18404 examinations for Lean, Six Sigma and Lean & Six Sigma Certifications. More details on the training courses…
CBIS also offers coaching and consulting services for documenting and implementing business process improvement framework and assist its clients with ISO 18404 certification for organisations. More details…
What is DUAL Certification?
As CBIS is the ONLY Lean Six Sigma training service provider worldwide who is accredited by IASSC, for Lean Six Sigma Yellow, Green and Black Belts and also is Exemplar Global certified TPECS Provider, it offers DUAL certification, one at the end of the course and after passing the exam from IASSC and the other one after completion of the Lean Six Sigma Project under Exemplar Global banner and in compliance with ISO 18404 standard.
Is QMS "Internal Auditor" or "Lead Auditor" certificate a prerequisite for these auditing courses?
Holding a QMS Internal Auditor or Lead Auditor certificate is not a prerequisite but preferred.
Do I need to complete a project to get my certificate?
No. For auditing certificates, completion of Lean & Six Sigma project is not required.
How can I pay training and certification fee?
As the fee is paid to CBIS for both the training and the exam, no international fee is applied. Payments can be made using all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), PayPal (2.6% surcharge is applied) or through direct bank transfer. A receipt will be emailed to you after the payment is made.
Here is the account details for direct bank transfer:
- The Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- BSB: 063000
- Account number: 1235 9365
- Account holder: Comprehensive Business Improvement Solutions (CBIS)
- SWIFT Code: CTBAAU2S
For Payment via PayPal, please contact us.
How can we prepare for the final exam?
As a part of training package, CBIS will provide participants with a practice test paper before the final exam.
How many questions are in the final exam?
The number of questions differs depending on the Auditing programs listed below. The exam duration and pass mark are also included:
- ISO 18404 Lean & Six Sigma Internal Auditor: 40 multiple-choice, true/false, short answer and long answer questions – 2 hours – Pass mark is 70%.
- ISO 18404 Lean & Six Sigma Lead Auditor: 60 multiple-choice, true/false, short answer and long answer questions – 3 hours – Pass mark is 70%.
Is the final exam open book or closed book?
All the exams are closed book and proctored. All formulas and tables one will need during the examination are provided in a reference document. Scratch paper is also furnished to candidates but must be destroyed prior to leaving the testing facility.
What if I do not pass the exam?
A retake exam cannot be undertaken more than once within a 2-week period and cannot be taken more than a total of three times within a 3-month period.
Do I need to get recertified or is my certificate valid in perpetuity?
No recertification exam required qand the auditing certificate will be valid in perpetuity,
Is the final exam online?
No. The final exam is paper-based.
What does Combined training mean?
In the combined training, different programs are combined to make the course relevant to all participants, despite differing levels of understanding and knowledge. The combined training courses are delivered as per the schedule below:
- Day 1-2: Internal Auditor
- Day 1-4: Lead Auditot
Where is the venue for the classroom courses? Is there any parking available?
Melbourne: Level 1, 2 & 11, 440 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
Sydney: Level 11,12,13 & 15, 60 Margaret Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Brisbane: Level 3 & 24, 288 Edward Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
Perth: Parmelia House, Ground Floor & Level 4, 191 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
The public parking is available near each venue. The details will be provided shared in the confirmation letter, along with the contact information of the other details with the enrolled participants.
Who are the facilitators for the ISO 18484 Lean & Six Sigma auditing training courses?
All ISO 18494 Lean & Six Sigma auditing facilitators are qualified trainers with over 15 years of experience in process improvement and Lean & Six Sigma training, consulting and coaching as well as auditing.
Can I cancel or postpone my enrolment?
- Trainees who give written notice to cancel their enrolment up to 30 days prior to the commencement of a training will be entitled to a 90% refund of fees paid after deducting 10% administration fees. Alternatively, a substitute candidate can attend at no additional cost.
- Trainees who give written notice to cancel their enrolment between 20 and 30 days prior to the commencement of a training will be entitled to a 50% refund of fee. Alternatively, a substitute candidate can attend at no additional cost.
- Trainees who give written notice to cancel their enrolment within 20 days of a training or after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees. Alternatively, a substitute candidate can attend at no additional cost.
- If the training course gets cancelled by CBIS for any reason such as limited number of participants, the trainee will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid, or will be enrolled for the next available course.
What if CBIS cancels a training course?
If the training course gets cancelled by CBIS for any reason such as limited number of participants, the trainee will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid, or will be enrolled for the next available course.
Does CBIS offer Lean & Six Sigma coaching and consulting services as well?
&At CBIS, we are proud to offer the full gamut of business improvement, consulting and coaching services to assist our clients with implementing Lean, Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma project throughout the whole organisation. For more details, please refer to our consulting and coaching services.
What does CBIS mean? Is it an Acronym?
Yes. We have named our business “CBIS” or Comprehensive Business Improvement Solutions. It is all about sharing our comprehensive solutions with you to improve your business.
Whom should I contact if I need more details?
For more details on our training programs, coaching and consulting services, please contact us.
- Six Sigma
- Lean Six Sigma
- Lean & Six Sigma Auditing