Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Course Overview
This Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course prepares participants to perform the role of a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training materials comprise a comprehensive curriculum covering everything within the Lean Six Sigma Body of Knowledge required to successfully complete Black Belt certification. After achieving this qualification, Black Belts utilise the newly acquired DMAIC methodology and the relevant tools during the execution of a project as a Project Manager as well as lead a team of Yellow Belts and Green Belts.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Course Duration
Flexible within a defined 180-day period
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
After completion of the course and the successful passing of a web-based exam, the participant will be certified by 6sigmastudy. The exam format is:
- Online proctored exam
- 120 multiple-choice questions
- 180minutes duration
- One mark awarded for every right answer
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- Pass mark is minimum 65% of the total score
All participants are coached by the experts in the CBIS and a complementary certificate will be issued to each successful participant.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Course Assets
- Coaching sessions. (up to 12 hours through email, phone, Skype, etc.).
- Technical support
- High Quality Videos
- Downloadable Reference Materials
- Proctored Online Certification Exam
- Mobile Apps
- 55 PMI PDUs
Who Should Apply for the Course?
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification program is perfect for participants who are already Certified Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and want to upgrade their knowledge to be a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- A brief history of Quality
- What is Quality (Definitions) and service or product
- Quality Gurus & their contribution to Quality
- Enterprise-wide View
- Six Sigma Roles and Responsibilities
- Team Formation
- Team Facilitation
- Team Dynamics
- Time Management for Teams
- Team Decision making Tools
- Management and Planning Tools
- Team Performance Evaluation and Rewards
- Overview of DMAIC
- Important Stakeholders
- Impact on Stakeholders
- Critical To X Requirements
- Business performance measures
- Financial measures
- Kano’s Customer Satisfaction Levels
- Juran’s customer needs
- Market research
- CTQ Flow down
- QFD Performance Metrics
- Project Charter
- Charter Negotiation
- Project management plan and Baselines
- Project Tracking
- Processes, Process characteristics, process flow metrics, inputs and outputs
- Process maps and Flow chart
- Data Type & Measurement scale
- Data Collection
- Sampling strategies
- Fishbone Diagram
- Relational Matrices or Prioritization Matrix
- Basic Statistics
- Analytical Statistics
- Gauge R & R
- Process Capability Analysis
- Correlation and Regression Analysis
- Testing of Hypothesis
- Gap Analysis
- The Five Whys
- Pareto Diagram
- Tree Diagram
- Non-value added activities
- Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Standard Operations
- Operator work instructions
- Cycle time reduction and Takt time
- Continuous Flow Manufacturing
- Kaizen and Kaizen Blitz
- Theory of Constraints (TOC)
- Risk Analysis
- Statistical Process Control
- Other Control Tools
- Maintain Controls
- Sustaining Improvements
- DFSS (Design For Six Sigma)
- A Value Stream Map
- Lean is Speed
- Total Supply Chain
- Lean Six Sigma Logistics
Case Study 1
Case Study 2
Before you Start with Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
A Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate is required as a prerequisite for this course.
What is the difference between "Lean", "Six Sigma" and "Lean Six Sigma"?
Lean Six Sigma is a process improvement program that combines two ideas: Lean as a collection of techniques for improving flow in the value stream, eliminating waste and reducing the time needed to provide products or services, and Six Sigma is a collection of techniques and methodology for uncovering root causes to understand and reduce variation, consequently improving the quality of products and services, substantially contributing to increased customer satisfaction.
By combining the two methodologies, Lean Six Sigma is a proven business management strategy that helps organisations operate more effectively and efficiently by reducing variation and waste.
What is the benefit of Lean Six Sigma?
The organisations will benefit from the Lean Six Sigma training and application through:
- Reducing wastes and consequently business costs
- Increasing profit margin and enhance business compatibility
- Improving quality of products and services
- Increasing customer satisfaction
- Running the business more effectively and efficiently
- Utilising an advanced problem-solving methodology to resolve the business issues
- Increasing Employees’ empowerment, involvement and motivation
What is the difference between "Yellow Belt", "Green Belt" and "Black Belt"?
In the Lean Six Sigma environment, the qualifications and the level of engagement of a project team are ranked by different belt colours, which is a concept borrowed from Eastern martial arts. Yellow Belt is the first recognised level of Lean Six Sigma certification which can be upgraded to Green Belt and then Black Belt as the second and third recognised levels. Master Black Belts (MBB), as the highest ranked belt, is a common accreditation for professionals who work as the Lean Six Sigma senior trainer, consultant or coach as their career.
What is the difference between “Online” and “Online+Coaching” program?
In “Online” option, the trainees have access to the course materials including videos, course material, etc. as a one-way and noninteractive approach, whereas in the “Online+Coaching” approach, the trainees have an opportunity to interact with the coach to ask the questions, clarify the unclear issues during the training.
Do I need to complete a project to get my certificate?
It depends on the Lean Six Sigma program. For some of the programs such as Yellow Belt, you are not expected to complete a project, but for the Green Belt and Black Belt programs, it is strongly recommended that you utilise your recently acquired knowledge in a practical way and complete a project. The completion of a project is not mandatory. As part of our service, CBIS will support you after the course by reviewing and auditing your project. If you complete your project in compliance with the CBIS project submission standard, you will achieve an additional certificate which includes the project title and achievement.
Should I use my own computer during the course?
Yes. If the course includes Minitab exercises, all participants will use their own equipment such as Laptop, Tablet, etc. Please make sure that Minitab can be installed on your equipment. You will need to check the authorisation requirements as well as the operating system, including Windows, Mac, etc.
What is the difference between various accreditation bodies?
There are various accreditation bodies such as IASSC, ASQ, The Council for Six Sigma Certification, 6sigmastudy, etc. Their body of knowledge might not be the same, but all are credible. Some of them offer certification for the online training as well such as 6sigmastudy.
What is PDU?
PDUs are Professional Development Units, necessary for maintaining Project Management Institute (PMI)-certified credentials. They are a part of PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program. One PDU is worth one hour of project management training, though there are some exceptions to this rule. The professionals with achieve PDUs depending on the programs which is listed below:
Six Sigma Yellow Belt: 8 PDUs, Six Sigma Green Belt: 25 PDUs, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: 30 PDU, Six Sigma Black Belt: 55 PDU and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt: 55 PDU.
Professionals can claim PMI-PDUs according to the guideline which is sent to them after completion of the course.
Should I pay exam fee separately?
No. The investment includes exam fee as well.
What if I need more coaching sessions?
You can contact us to discuss your further needs regarding more coaching sessions. Additional fee applies for coaching sessions more than the standard hours for each program as 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 hours for SSYB, SSGB, LSSGB, SSBB, LSSBB, respectively.
Will I achieve the certificate after completing the training?
No. If you complete the training course, you should successfully pass the online exam.
Will I receive a hard copy certificate?
No. You will receive a printable soft copy certificate, but if you need a hard copy certificate, it costs $50 (USD).
How many questions are in the final online exam?
The number of questions differ depending on the Lean Six Sigma programs listed below. The exam duration and pass mark are also included:
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt: 40 multiple-choice questions – 60 Minutes – Pass mark is minimum 50% of the total score
- Six Sigma Green Belt: 90 multiple-choice questions – 120 Minutes – Pass mark is minimum 65% of the total score
- Six Sigma Black Belt: 125 multiple-choice questions – 180 Minutes – Pass mark is minimum 65% of the total score
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt: 100 multiple-choice questions – 120 Minutes – Pass mark is minimum 65% of the total score
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt: 125 multiple-choice questions – 180 Minutes – Pass mark is minimum 65% of the total score
Is the online exam open book or closed book?
The exams are closed book exams and the trainees are not allowed to use any reference materials. However, they can use blank paper and calculator.
What if I do not pass the exam?
Trainees are entitled to get 2 free exam retakes if they are unable to pass in the first attempt
Do I need to get recertified or is my certificate valid in perpetuity?
your certificate is valid in perpetuity.
Who are the coaches for the coaching sessions?
All CBIS coaches are qualified trainers with Black Belt and Master Black Belt certification and over 15 years of experience in process improvement.
How can I pay training and certification fee?
As the fee is paid to CBIS for both the training and the exam, no international fee is applied. Payments can be made using all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), PayPal (2.6% surcharge is applied) or through direct bank transfer. A receipt will be emailed to you after the payment is made. For Payment via PayPal, please contact us.
Can I cancel or postpone my enrolment?
- Trainees who give written notice to cancel their enrolment before receiving the login credentials will be entitled to a 90% refund of fees paid after deducting 10% administration fees or a substitute candidate can be enrolled with no additional fee.
- Trainees can postpone the training during the validity period, but the training and exam should be completed before expiry of the course validity.
- If the training course is not deliverable for any reason such as technical problems, the trainee will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid, or will be enrolled for other similar courses (subject to availability).
What if the Online training is not deliverable?
If the training course is not deliverable for any reason such as technical problems, the trainee will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid, or will be enrolled for other similar courses (subject to availability).
Does CBIS offer Lean Six Sigma coaching and consulting services as well?
At CBIS, we are proud to offer the full gamut of business improvement, consulting and coaching services to assist our clients with implementing Lean, Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma project throughout the whole organisation. For more details, please refer to our consulting and coaching services.
What does CBIS mean? Is it an Acronym?
Yes. We have named our business “CBIS” or Comprehensive Business Improvement Solutions. It is all about sharing our comprehensive solutions with you to improve your business.
Whom should I contact if I need more details?
For more details on our training programs, coaching and consulting services, please contact us.